The 2014 AGM was held at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club – Jericho Clubhouse in advance of the 2014 EMA of BC Environmental Management Awards.
The AGM was executed with perfect timing (1 hr. to be exact). Proposed a special resolution bylaw amendments were accepted, the 2014-2015 budget approved, and a new Board with several new faces elected:
- President: Carlos da Ponte (Sustainable Elements)
- Vice President – Vice Chair: Leanne Harris (Newalta)
- VP Membership: Mark Oikawa (SLR Consulting)
- VP Information Services: Victoria Jung ( AGAT Laboratories)
- VP Communications: Dino Rossi (BLG)
- VP Education: Gordon Buck (AHBL)
- Secretary: Joyce Chow (ALS Environmental)
- Treasurer: Dave Bridger (SNC Lavalin)
- Newsletter Editor: Tara Wight (Worley Parsons)
- Director at Large: Anthony Collett (SLR Consulting)
- Director at Large: Amanda Hart (Tervita Corp)
- Director at Large: Tim Bottomer (BLG)
- Director at Large: Crystal Ireland (Maxxam Analytics)
- Director at Large: Mandy Sarfi (Stantec)
- Director at Large: Stephanie Voysey (Lafarge Canada)
- Director at Large: Stephen Sumsion (McCue Engineering)
- Director at Large: Donna Bartel (Coast Mountain Bus Company)
- Past President: Patrick Johnstone (City of Richmond)
The accepted special resolution bylaw amendments will be submitted promptly to make the changes official with the Society’s registrar. Once confirmed, the changes will take effect and elected board member titles and terms will change accordingly.
The 2014 – 2015 EMA of BC Board is excited for the year ahead as we start planning our monthly sessions, the annual Workshop, and begin the process for the 2015 Environmental Management Awards.