Through our monthly meetings, members have discussed numerous topics including: Regulatory Up-dates, Working In and Around Water, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Auditing, Risk Control and Environmental Insurance, Hazardous Waste Management, Energy Conservation and Management, What To Do If You Are Charged with an Offence Under the Waste Management Act.
- Our monthly meetings focus on guest speakers and provide an interactive perspective.
- Networking among members provides a platform for the sharing of vital communication and practical information, for example, “what worked and what didn’t work”.
- We host annual one-day workshops covering a range of current issues and topics, such as Ecosystem Management, Climate Change, Emergency Spill Response, Construction Management, and Environmental Monitoring.
- Once a year we take our monthly meetings on the road. Tours have included the Vancouver International Airport (air-side), Lafarge Cement Richmond Plant, Coastal Ocean Research Institute, and Seaspan Shipyards.
Other membership benefits include the following:
- A link on the EMA of BC website to your organization’s website (optional)
- Access to a list of current members
2019 Membership Year – Membership Pricing (January 1 to December 31)
- Corporate Membership: $500.00 + tax
- Sole Proprietorship Membership: $375.00 + tax
- NGO/Not for Profit Membership: $250.00 + tax
Court cases from around the country make it clear that membership and participation in organizations like the EMA of BC can be a valuable piece of evidence in your company’s due diligence defense to an environmental prosecution.
– Paul R. Cassidy, Senior Canadian Environmental Lawyer